Pot, Pills & Parenting
An Open Discussion on Teen Alcohol and other Drug Use.
$30.00 inc. GST
MONDAY 19 April, 8pm AEST
6pm WA | 7:30pm SA | 10pm NZ
Please note: This webinar is included in all Happy Families memberships.
A Masterclass with Dr Justin Coulson and Paul Dillon.
The mum I was speaking to was distraught. Her son was in Year 7. He had just turned 12. And he was in the Principal’s office. He had been caught showing off cannabis to some friends. “How did this happen?” she asked. “He’s a good kid. At least I thought he was.” “What do I do now?” she wanted to know.
Our children are going to be exposed to drugs. Alcohol, cigarettes, pot and pills – and in some cases, our older children may even come in contact with harder drugs.
How do we protect them?
What do we say to pre-arm them? How can we know if they’re up to something? And what do we do if we suspect they’re involved in drug use?
Paul Dillon is the Director and founder of Drug and Alcohol Research and Training Australia. He is passionate about ensuring that the community has access to accurate and up-to-date alcohol and other drug information. And he is the person I trust most when it comes to knowing what’s going on with our children and drugs.
Join us for a webinar that will equip and empower you to help your tweens and teens navigate one of the most challenging adolescent issues we know. You’ll discover:
- The facts about what our kids are doing, how often, and when, where, and why
- The latest info on vaping, ‘nanging’, and other toxic trends
- The role social media is playing in giving your kids easy access to drugs
- The biggest mistakes parents (and teachers/schools) make when they talk about alcohol and other drugs with their kids
- How to talk about drugs in a way that your children will listen and follow your great advice and
- What to do if your child (or their friend) is experimenting with, or using, drugs