Sleep is not a luxury item, but many of today’s teens aren’t getting enough and it’s having a detrimental effect for many of them long into the future.
Devices have crept into the bedroom and many teens are losing sleep because they’re spending all night on social media and playing games.
A recent study has found that a teenager that is always tired is 4.5 times more likely to commit a crime as an adult.
In this week’s podcast episode Dr Justin looks at the research from this study and explores some of the circumstances that cause this link.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- 21 Days to a Happier Family
- 21 Days to a Happier Family Online Video Course
- Have Dr Justin speak at your school or organisation
- Why a teenager’s brain is like a Ferrari with bicycle brakes
- Kids need smart parents, not smart phones
- My teen treats our home like a hotel
Super Solutions for Technology Troubles: For children from toddlers to teens
This video presentation has helped thousands of parents and their children understand what screens are doing in our lives, and how they can enjoy them in healthy, balanced ways so that the other parts of their lives can be as successful as their advancement through the levels of their favourite game.
Available as DVD or instand download