Part 2 of a conversation on perfectionism with Professor Thomas Curran from the London School of Economics.
Rather than expecting perfection from your child try modelling making mistakes - embrace failure and setbacks when they arise. This (not perfectionism) is what leads to success!
Topics in this episode:
- Feeling that you are not enough
- The rise of perfectionism – and the harm it’s doing us all | Mental health | The Guardian
- Link between perfectionism and psychological distress
- Parental/societal expectations
- Increased competition and excessive pressure
- "Doing your best" - is this helpful?
- Self-sabotage, procrastination and avoidance of failure
- What is success?
- The Perfection Trap Thomas Curran's new book
Find us on Facebook at Dr Justin Coulson's Happy Families
Email us your questions and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org