Raising teenagers can be hard even at the best of times. Trying to support our teens when they are struggling can feel like a dead-end street. Dr Jo Prendergast shares the most important thing you can do that will make a difference for your teen when life just sucks.
Topics in this episode:
- When Life Sucks - Jo's new book
- Parents and self-regulation
- Emotions are contagious
- Deep breathing
- Being self-aware of your own triggers
- 'Ghosts in the nursery'
- When does life suck for teens?
- 'The Three Rs of Great Parenting'
- Connected interactions
Learn more about The Teenage Brain in our FREE Happy Families Article.
Find us on Facebook at Dr Justin Coulson's Happy Families
Email us your questions and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org