Is your child experiencing exam pressure, final year stress, or feeling burdened by expectations? Are they worried about their future? It's time to reassure them that it is going to be ok - THEY are going to be ok - regardless of academic results.
Listen in for fantastic advice and encouragement from Dr Susan Rogers, who graduated from high school at the age of 44 and then obtained a PhD in Music and Psychology (after working as Sound Engineer for Prince!).
Topics in this episode:
- Difficulties in youth when parents are unwell
- Bright kids, challenging circumstances
- Pursuing passions
- The Guardian - Prince's sound engineer, Susan Rogers: 'He needed to be the alpha male to get things done'
- "Lightbulb moments"
- Stepping into the world of the unknown after school
- Learning to listen to the voice within
- Mature-aged students
- Parental expectations
- Dr Susan Rogers' book - This is what it sounds like: What the music you love says about you
- Questions to ask your child - helping to figure out what success looks like for them
Find us on Facebook at Dr Justin Coulson's Happy Families
Email us your questions and comments at email@example.com