Education is important - but how it looks differs for every child. The messages around education that we are delivering to our children need to develop their initiative, their character and their thinking skills - especially when it comes to their education. These conversations matter, because education matters to us all.
Today's guest is Cam Barber, who started as a public speaking coach, and then broadened out to leadership skills/marketing messages. His clients include Paramount Pictures and Hawthorne Football Club.
Topics in this episode:
- Cam Barber's story, and his bestselling book "What's Your Message".
- Homework and self-discipline
- The change from Primary School to Highschool in structure, routine, and overall ease
- Exchange Student Program, Tertiary/Tafe programs, work experience
- Deferring University
- Twice gifted children
- Getting an education outside of the educational system
- "Vivid" messages - valuable, customisable parenting messages
- How to Help when School Sucks - a Happy Families article
Find us on Facebook at Dr Justin Coulson's Happy Families
Email us your questions and comments at email@example.com