When moving homes means changing schools again, and again... and again(!!) it can be hard for children to feel a true sense of belonging within a school community. With this being an ongoing experience for some of the Coulson kids, a momentous decision has been made to break away from mainstream education! And on this path to new beginnings, Justin experiences a break of a different kind - rather more painful, and nothing short of miraculous!
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Australia's educational system - the good, the bad and the in-between
- The 3 basic psychological needs of every child - what happens when these are not being met at school?
- Educational lessons learned during the Covid lockdowns
- Homeschooling - supporting a love of learning
- Classrooms can be difficult for children struggling with emotional regulation and attention
- Becoming grandparents
- Holidays, surfing, and the power of slowing down
- Challenging days and changing direction
- Moving? How to help your child settle into a new school - a Happy Families article
- School refusal - a Happy Families article
Register for the Happy Families October Webinar - "Enough: Helping our children overcome anxiety, perfectionism & self-loathing"
Find us on Facebook at Dr Justin Coulson's Happy Families
Become a Happy Families member today - Happy Families Membership
Email us your questions and comments at email@example.com