To praise, or not to praise, that is the question! Is praise actually decreasing your child's intrinsic motivation, and encouraging comparison and competition? Learn the science of how to praise a child - and why you really shouldn't! (Replay)
Topics included in this episode -
- The way we give feedback to our children matters
- Why do people use praise?
- 'Podcast Episode #150 "Unconditional Parenting, with Alfie Kohn"
- What is the right way to praise a child?
- Why we should end the praise craze - a Happy Families webinar
- The Most Important Words We Can Say To Our Children - a Happy Families article
- Asking questions
- How to help our kids listen to - and express - their inner voice
- The paradoxical effects of praise & criticism on perceived ability' - Meyer
- "That's Not Just Beautiful-That's Incredibly Beautiful!" - Brummelman
- 'The effects of praise on children's intrinsic motivation' - Henderlong & Lepper
Find us on Facebook at Dr Justin Coulson's Happy Families
Email us your questions and comments at firstname.lastname@example.org