Kids these days are addicted to their devices.
My child spends way too much time on screens.
How do I get my child to put down his phone and go outside?
One of the biggest concerns for modern parents is the amount of time their children are spending on screens and the effect this is having on their health, relationships and wellbeing.
But while we are all busy being so concerned, research tells us that parents aren’t setting a very good example and this is having a detrimental effect on our relationships.
In this week’s episode Dr Justin will help you identify if you have a technology problem and shares some simple ways to modify your behaviour that will have a big impact on your relationships with each other and with your kids.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Is my mother-in-law ruining my child with screens?
- 5 Ways to set screen time limits with your children
- How to banish tech and make mealtimes matter
- What do you get when you cross a toddler with an ipad
- Please turn off your phone
- Kids need smart parents, not smart phones