In today’s podcast: Innocence lost.
We’re talking about the public health crisis that is pornography and the way that it’s affecting our children.
Note – In this podcast I’ll be discussing content that is of a highly sensitive nature.
In the past few weeks I attended a conference about pornography and the way it harms young people. On Tuesday February 9, activist group Collective Shout hosted Australia’s first symposium on the harm that pornography does to children. Experts from all backgrounds agree: pornography is hurting our children.
I’m going to spend some time sharing things that were reinforced at the conference that EVERY parent needs to know about – because the reality is that your children WILL see pornography.
And in today’s podcast, specific tips for every parent for how to deal with pornography in your children’s lives.
The following resources and people can provide additional information for people who are interested in this topic:
- 2:40 Am I the only parent worried about this?
- 6:45 How old are children when first see pornography?
- 7:45 How children see pornography at school
- 12:45 Children are seeing pornography BEFORE they’ve ever held someone’s hand
- 18:30 How old should your children be before you talk about pornography?
- 19:20 What does pornography teach our children?
- 26:50 How does a 14 year-old girl get convinced to send nude images to a boy at school?
- 31:15 How do we talk to a child about pornography?
- 34:30 A sample conversation about pornography with your child
- 40:25 Wrap up
Save $40 on 21 Days to a Happier Family online program – This is a special offer ONLY for Newsletter and Podcast subscribers. This week only, save $40 on 21 Days to a Happier Family – the online program – by using the code “giveme40” at the checkout. Make your family happier, and save!
Join the conversation
Every week I'll be asking a couple of questions.
2. And... if your child is old enough to chat with, how did it go?