Are you a Happy Families lovin’ sales whizz?
Join our team!
Thanks for looking into a role with the Happy Families team. Here’s the full overview of who we’re hoping to hire right now – and why.
We’re a small, agile, committed team focused on building connections and helping people to transform their relationships, and their lives, for the better.
In this role, you will leverage your seasoned experience in sales to meet income targets for a broad range of our projects and campaigns, starting with a focus on the education sector – we want to share what we know via our subscription program – with as many schools as possible!
Over time, this role will be incredibly diverse. You could be working with speaker bureaus who want to send Dr Justin Coulson to the USA; talking about potential PR partnerships for Happy Families; or pitching Dr Justin Coulson to a podcast host. And with lots of moving parts, you’ll thrive on knowing which opportunities are the right ones to pursue.
What you’ll get:
- A blended sales and relationship management role that’s got plenty of exciting challenges
- A fast-paced environment managing a wide range of potential clients and leads
- To be part of a genuinely caring team, committed to your success
- To be rewarded with training, autonomy and responsibility – we move too fast to micro-manage anyone!
We will challenge and push you to create great outcomes for our clients. We will also make sure you have an opportunity to help make decisions about how to smash revenue targets, year on year!
- First and foremost, you’re the kind of person for whom nothing is too much trouble. You’re never the one that rolls their eyes and thinks, “Hmph. Not my job.” Instead, you’re all in and focused on making things work out right
- You’ll need to like people. That’s because you’ll be talking to them. A lot. And this means you’ll have no qualms about picking up the phone to follow-up with someone for the 10th time.
- You have experience managing and delivering a diverse range of sales campaigns from making introductory calls to closing the deal. You can’t wait to tell us all about the targets you’ve hit (or smashed!) in your previous roles to demonstrate you know what you’re doing.
- Your time will be yours to manage, and so you’ll have demonstrated experience working without supervision.
But mostly, you’ll take pride in your work. Our expectation is that everyone who deals with us – internally and externally – feels we’re worth 10 out of 10. Our communications, our delivery of service, and all we do at every touchpoint is exceptional. You need to be satisfied with nothing less, or you won’t fit.
Here’s what else we’re after:
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in sales and/or customer relationship role
- Be self driven and determined to deliver results on time by overcoming some difficult obstacles
- Have killer attention to detail and good organisational skills, manage budgets (targets), and timelines
- Be able to manage multiple projects at once.
Bonus points awarded for:
- Experience working with a professional speaker or celebrity
- Experience working in the education sector
- Experience working in an agency or consulting environment and building client relationships.
- Experience working with Active Campaign Manager
How to apply:
We’re after the one in a million candidate – so that means there’s probably only 2 in Brisbane where you’ll ideally be located. You can live elsewhere, but we prefer to hire
locally where possible.
- Send us your CV with a cover page (max 150 words) detailing how you will satisfy each requirement outlined
- 3 dot points of what appeals to you about the position
- Demonstrate that you actually do have attention to detail by reading this entire position description and then including the word “connection” in your application.
Hours and pay are flexible and to be negotiated. We’ll work those details out once we decide that you’re the right person.
If you think this position is for you, send your resume to Elizabeth via firstname.lastname@example.org.