Personal Assistant Job Description | Happy Families
- Part-time: 20 hours per week
- Based in Brisbane (working from your home-office)
- Salary: Approx. $50 000 pa (full time) to be negotiated based on skill and experience (salary to be paid at part time equivalent)
Dr Justin Coulson is one of Australia’s leading parenting experts. He leads a small team of seriously brilliant people who collectively are tasked with making families happier and building stronger, better relationships at work, school, and especially at home.
Justin is seeking a new personal assistant. In this role you will work directly with Justin – and because the team is so tight, you’ll almost certainly end up helping everyone in one way or another. That’s how we roll.
- A Brisbane-based admin whizz
- In possession of a bit of social media savvy
- Know your way around database management
- Capable of managing a CRM, nurture sequences, and email scheduling
- Able to multi-task
- Deeply, breathtakingly detail-oriented,
- The kind of person who is excited to learn new skills,
- Someone who genuinely enjoys a fast pace (and a bit too much to do),
- Want to work from home but be part of a team, and
- Positive and fun (and positively fun),
(Note, you don’t have to live in Brisbane but it would be very advantageous… and why wouldn’t you live in Brissy? It’s ace!)
Here are the best bits:
- We don’t work Fridays! (Well, Justin can’t help himself, but the office is technically closed.)
- Our team doesn’t work more than 20 hours per week!
- You get to work from home (even in your pj’s if you want!)
- We make a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of people every year – and really, who wouldn’t want that?
Ok… now for the part where it all gets real:
- Complex diary management, both business and personal, for Dr Justin Coulson and wider team
- Creating detailed travel itineraries including booking flights, car hire and other logistics (attention to detail is everything!)
- Extensive and efficient email correspondence
- Answering telephone calls in a timely fashion, taking clear and detailed messages
- Organising meetings, including booking venues, ordering refreshments and basic minute-taking
- Client liaison including but not limited to: creating bookings, sending invoices, working with the marketing team to develop marketing packs in line with client needs
- Processing of expenses
- Arranging social events for both clients and the team
- Ad-hoc personal errands for Dr Justin Coulson
- Management of miscellaneous issues
- Readiness to be contacted out of office hours (rare, but if there’s a problem with a flight, hotel, car, or client it can happen)
- Handling confidential matters with discretion
- As directed by the marketing executive or marketing manager, upload blog articles, post podcasts and manage the Happy Families database
- Perform adhoc research tasks as requested by the General Manager
- Educated to Year 12 standard or equivalent. A degree-level qualification would be advantageous, but is by no means essential
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role and industry
- Proven diary management skills
- Exceptional standard of written and verbal English
- Competent with Microsoft Office, WordPress, Active Campaign
- Flexibility on hours
If this role sounds right for you, please send a covering letter outlining:
- Why you should be part of the Happy Families team (the professional stuff),
- Your favourite hack to help your family function better (the personal stuff),
- Your favourite email, productivity, or office hack
together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please address all correspondence to Stacey Packer, General Manager, Happy Families.
Applications close Friday February 1st, 2019.